To Read on the Journey

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's Not Coincidence (Day 24)

For 31 days I am writing to my children
my future grandchildren, great, and all my great-grandchildren.



God has done so many remarkable things in my life.
Things that are not coincidence, but God-incidents. 

He's worked so mightily in my life that I cannot even recount every time. Each God-incident has confirmed and edified who He is- the living God.

 ******************************************************
There was the time a man from church stopped me and handed me a $100 bill.  He told me "God gives me plenty, and He wants me to give this to you."  I had no idea what God intended it for. Later that afternoon my roommate called to inform me she was moving out. She left me with all the bills. God had gone ahead of me in my need.

The time I came to a camp in Oakhurst to be counselor for week in the spring of May,1993, and during that week I prayed about God's plans for me for the coming summer, and my need for a job.  At the end of the week I was approached by a staff member of the camp offering me a summer job (I met Michael that summer).

There was the time I prayed on a Sunday for a new living situation. Prayed that God would provide me with a new place to live. The following Tuesday I was approached by a woman ( Mama Holly, who at the time was just an acquaintance), who said, "I have been praying for someone to come and live with us and you came to mind.  I want you to come live with us."  I moved in the following Sunday (God also provided a roommate to replace me in my current situation).

There was the time I fasted and prayed for my 1/2 brother who was in a coma after a car accident.  I prayed that when I called the hospital that evening (as I had for the 5 evenings before) I would be told he had woken up.  I phoned. I called with expectancy, "Is he awake?!'  The response, "Well as a matter of fact he is!."

The time Michael and I prayed for our 6.5 week premature baby girl, Emilie, that her heart rate would regulate. We then returned to the NICU expectant that God had answered our prayers. When we arrived the nurses announced that her heart rate had just regulated!

The time God showed he was in the details as I held my baby boy, Caleb, in my hand.

The time God's Spirit comforted a grieving mommy, and whispered, "you're life will look different a year from now."  Exactly one year later I gave birth to Josie.

The time I prayed for a neighbor boy, that God would provide a godly man to encourage and speak truth into his young life. The neighbor boy was pulled out of his class and placed in a continuation class. I discovered a few weeks later that his teacher was a man from church who desired the same thing I had been praying.

The time just this past summer when finances were tight, and we had $30.00 to our names.  I prayed one afternoon, "God you're God nothing is impossible for you, everything is yours. Provide us with $500 by the end of the day." After I prayed I thought it was a ridiculous prayer.  That evening an unexpected gift arrived from a family member (we did not tell anyone about our financial situation), a check for $500.00.

I look see now that God's Spirit prompted me to make all these requests to the Father.  He prompted me to pray, and intended to show me how REAL GOD IS.

There are so many stories to tell.  So many God-incidents where God came near and moved tangibly.  There are many I have seen.  And I am certain many many more I have not.

I think about the disciples and their experiences with Jesus-  I smile when I read John 21, which  mentions Jesus' signs and wonders..

  "Jesus did many other things as well.  If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would 
not have room for the books that would be written."
John 21:25

Oh! What books those would have been.

How I would love to read the stories of all believers; to hear how uniquely the living God has "made His face shine upon" every one.

I suppose not even the whole universe would have room for the books that would be written! 

And this, this is my prayer for you- I pray that you being rooted and established in Love- in God, would have power together with all the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is God's love for you! I pray that you would seek One True God with all your heart.  I know that when you seek Him- HE WILL BE FOUND BY YOU.  I know because that is His way. I pray in the Saving and Mighty name of Jesus, Amen.  

Live in Peace, 



 
Day 20 & 21- O I Need Thee 
Day 22- I Know Day 
Day 23- Tangible God 


6 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

amen. your story shines so brightly of his glory! this is a special gift indeed for your future generations! god is faithful!! xoxo

The Olive Tree Blog said...

this is good stuff.

henning love said...

there are definitely no coincidences, everything with God happens for a reason and it is amazing to see how He has been working in your life! i love His many blessings

Anonymous said...

I so appreciate this!! What a blessing.

Rebekah said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I love knowing someone reads it. Hopefully, if you continue to read, God will let me say something that blesses you.

Your stories bring up one that God recently did for me. Some of my extended family had a crisis Sunday. Mom and I fasted and prayed on Monday and things look promising comparatively. How great is the God of the Universe!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Oh yes!! I love hearing God-incidents like this. Amazing. Beautiful. Wonderful. Our God is an awesome God!