To Read on the Journey

Monday, October 15, 2012

He's Got This (Day 16)



For 31 days I am writing to my children
 my future grandchildren, great, and all my great-grandchildren. 


Today was hard. 

3 doctors appointments, a few rounds of x-rays, referrals for MRI's and physical therapy.
For me.  For Josie.
"Chronic" is my least favorite word.    
No hopeful news for either of us.  

And today... 

Today I cry. 
Today I hurt. 
Today I can't make sense of things. 

And today, well, that is okay. 

Today my God is still my God. 

God is my God. 

God is God. 

He's got this.  

I don't know how, but  I know God has got my "whole world in His hands."

And in my soul a simple song I learned so many years ago sings...

"He's got the whole world in His hands.
He's got the whole world in His hands. 
He's got the whole world in His hands
He's. Got. The. Whole. World. In. His. Hands."

And my hope rises a bit. 

I breath in deep. 

God is God. 

He's got this. 


"Consider what God has done: 
Who can straighten what he has made crooked?
When things are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider this:
God made the one as well as the other.  
Therefore, no one can discover anything about their future." 
Ecclesiastes 7:13-14


My prayer for you is that God will be your God in every circumstance.   I pray that in every season of your life you will seek Him, rely on Him, press into Him.  I pray that you will be rooted in God your God, so that when things do not make sense,  you will know deep that HE IS GOD, and HE'S GOT THIS. I pray in the name of Jesus, Who is the WAY, the TRUTH, the LIFE. Amen. 



Day 15- Temperature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((hugs))))

God is good. ALL the time.

Wonder said...

i (hate) "chronic"...chronic fatigue/pain/chronic (anything)...I know it also. I don't know if I can type this the way I mean it :), I think so many times as people who follow Jesus we speak about what God has "healed"/delivered/set us free from, but so beautiful is the testimony of faith right in the middle of CHRONIC. He IS there! It IS hard. His STRENGTH IS perfect! One moment at a time. grace and peace and enCOURAGEment to you in this pain.

Linda Z said...

I hate "Chronic." A lot. It is right up there with "manipulation" and "squelch." None of those words should exist, but this side of heaven they do.

It makes me remember that we were not made for this world... that someday we will be whisked away to our real home, to the presence of our Loving God who will wipe all our tears.

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering. I would love to know the details... to know how to pray for you.

Love you, sweet friend.