To Read on the Journey

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Will Be Glad (Day 17)

For 31 days I am writing to my children
 my future grandchildren, great, and all my great-grandchildren. 

  Print available at the Kiss the Sky shop.

Too often I begin a day not wanting to rejoice, not wanting to recognize the many reasons I have to be glad.

I ignore the Spirit's nudging to "count my blessings," and instead count all the reasons I am entitled to show up to my "pity party."

I've learned over time though that "pity party" days suck the life right out of me.  I see that the days I do  rejoice life is breathed back into me.

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life - and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him."
  Romans 12:1
The Message

When I rejoice my eyes are no longer zeroed in on me, they are focused on the God of heaven and earth, and His loving kindness.

 When I rejoice I decrease and God increases.

The result of rejoicing is authentic gladness.


This day I rejoice in~

Noah kissing me on the cheek, saying "I love you, Mommy," and whispering  "Jesus" in my ear before he left for school.

Michael's selflessness and the way he works so hard to provide for our family.

For the animals frolicking in our backyard- wild turkeys, squirrels, road runners, and many little lively birds.  I pause and watch and breath in deep. 

For a new friendship for Emilie, and seeing God answer my prayer for her.  

For Emilie and Josie's fingers dancing across the piano keys filling our home with lovely melodies.

For a whole wheat muffin smothered in peanut butter and topped with bananas

For texts, notes, and messages of encouragement and prayer from new and old friends. 

For hot tea, a warm cookie, and silly talk with Josie. 

For a weighty financial need being met.  

For a fun gift in the mail for Josie from one of our old Young Life kids. 

That He who began a good work in me will finish what He started.  I don't have to do it, He will.

That God is God.

For a Spirit that leads me to rejoice and be glad. 



My prayer for you is that you will follow the Spirit's nudging to rejoice in each and every day. I pray for the Spirit to lead you to  "enter His gates with thanksgiving in your heart, to enter His courts with praise,"  I pray for you to follow. I want so much for you to be near our good God. I want so much for Him to increase in every way in each one of your lives. I want so much for you to experience the authentic gladness that comes from God being magnified in your life. I know this is God's desire for you (for me), I pray with great expectation in the One who is faithful to do it. In Jesus our Savior and Shepherd, Amen.


Day 15- Temperature





2 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

OH yes... those "pity party" days do suck the life right out! Thank you for the reminder to rejoice instead! :)

Linda Z said...

Such. Good. Words.

I have had way to many pity parties and they stink!!

I want to have a rejoicing party with you... with lots of popcorn!! :)