To Read on the Journey

Saturday, October 6, 2012

I Am a Mountian Goat (DAY 7)

For 31 days I am writing to my children
my future grandchildren, great, and all my great-grandchildren.

As parents we can lead our children to the Savior, but we cannot make them follow Him. 
They must come to this decision on their own.

I know God.  I trust the Savior will bring each of my children (you) into intimate relationship with Him.  That is His way.  

This following piece is by Noah (written for Honor's English class).   In it he creatively shares his testimony through story.   

 "I Am a Mountain Goat"
By Noah Jones 

I am a mountain goat. A sure footed climber. Dwelling high in the mountains away from my predators. My herd and I, we were constantly on the move. As a kid I would stick with my father never leaving his sight.

Once when I was young I ventured from the herd, towards the lush forest below. I looked back to my family but they did not realize I was gone. So I persisted onward. Down the mountain I went. Although the trek was grueling all I thought about was the tempting forest.


As soon as I entered the forest my nostrils were filled with the sweet scent of the green plants. By the time I made it the sun was setting over the horizon, which was barely visible through the leaves and needles of the forest. Before I knew it I was enveloped in darkness. I heard the growling of my predators, mountain lions and wolves, and smelled the blood of their recent kill. As soon as I heard that twig snap I bolted up the mountain so fast I almost flew. 

Just before dawn I caught up with the herd and found my mother and father. They rebuked me at first but then joy overwhelmed them and they forgot about the pain of losing their child.

After that journey I never ventured into the forest again. Never to hear the predator again. Never to smell the blood. Just to stay with my father and lead my own herd someday.
 
Live in Peace, 



Posts from 31 Days of God-giver:
Day 1- Reap What I Sow
Day2- Get To Know God  
Day3-  God is God.


2 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a great story! What a talented young man you are raising, Denise! You must be so proud. Such sweet photos too! :)

Linda Z said...

Good work, Noah!! It reminds my of Pilgrim's Progress and Hinds' Feet in High Places! :)