To Read on the Journey

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

delighting in my weakness

Here is a conversation I had yesterday 

Me: Why am I always the weak one? Why does it always seem others are strong and have it together? I am tired of being weak, vulnerable, broken...
 

Friend: What does God's word say? "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." It is only through your weakness that God is able to display His strength in you. 

Me: Well then God has a lot of opportunity to display His strength with me 
(said with a good bit of sarcasm).
 

Friend: Then praise the Lord!


Me: Yes (no longer feeling sarcastic, but agreeing), Praise the Lord.


7 comments:

Alana said...

A very wise friend.

Sarah Markley said...

Yes, I agree with Alana. You have good friends. =)

Kristen said...

I agree too :o)

BethAnne said...

Keep that friend----forever!

debbiewhitlock said...

I ask the same questions.

Shan said...

I find myself asking God just how strong does he think I am?? I so often feel like a little twig and he must think I'm like a solid Oak. His grace is sufficient. Thanks for the inspiration!

Earen said...

What a blessing to have friends that point you back to what the Word of God says...very rare to find these days. The Word is life...