To Read on the Journey

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Victory Rd.

Victory:
Defeat of an enemy or opponent.
Success in a struggle against difficulties or an obstacle.
The state of having triumphed.

I was conceived on Victory Rd. My mother was 14, my father 18. I am certain that no one thought anything victorious would have come from that young girl being pregnant. But God did.

A legacy of sexual-immorality, drug & alcohol abuse, and emotional poverty was handed down to me, and to the generations that came before me. Defeat, struggle, and difficulty should have been my lifelong companions.

But God...

God once told me, "Denise, Your life began on Victory Rd., it was always intended for victory."


And you,
your life is intended for victory.


On that first Good Friday,
God wrote Victory into your life through Christ.


For God so loved the world
HE GAVE his only Son
that whoever believes in him
shall not perish,
but have everlasting LIFE!
John 3:16


My prayer for you today, and everyday is that you will live an abundant life in Jesus.
That your story will be a story of victory!

12 comments:

Kristen said...

i love your new blog home.

i love you!

i miss you.

Simply Sara said...

Denise, you are such a beautiful example of "But God". He is amazing and wonderful.
And so are you:)

I love your new blog home too, especially your new name. Victory Road... may we all travel down together.

Linda Z said...

I love your new blog, it's so pretty! And I love reading stories of God's victory in your life! They encourage me! :)

Sarah Markley said...

I love this! And your new blog is beautiful!!

MelaKamin said...

What an inspiring, thoughtful writer - just what I needed today. I have some "But God" stories too - He's cool like that, isn't He?! Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

I love it. I heard of your blog via Sarah's FB status:) If you have a chance pass by my blog and follow... maybe?

God bless & I can't wait to read more:)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a wonderful reason for your blog name... love it! Your new blog looks beautiful!

Paige said...

You have an amazing blog! I am hooked! I love your honesty and openness about life. You are living the victory for sure!

paige

Queen of the Nook said...

Hey Denise! I have never spent anytime on your blog but I am so glad I stopped by. It is a feast for the eyes and the heart.

Katy {and Kahler} said...

I'm just finding your blog. i LOVE where your name came from. what an awesome God we do serve!

Anonymous said...

So happy to find your blog! Blessed, indeed.

lauren said...

gooseybumps.gooseybumps. i love a good 'but God' story... come to think of it i think jess johnson told me i would love you like years ago... i should have listened. :)