To Read on the Journey

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

All That I Have (Day 31)

For 31 days I am writing to my children
my future grandchildren, great, and all my great-grandchildren.

When I think about you I think about how I want to cup your face in my weathered grandmother hands and just look at you.

I would gaze at you, and my eyes would speak that  you. are. amazing.  "Fearfully and wonderfully made."  I would be in awe of generous God, and that before time he wrote
you into my story.  You!  "I scarce can take it in."


My aged eyes would fill with soft tears.  I would breath this moment in.  Then whisper deep, "Thank You, Father.  Thank You."


There's a wealth of things I long to share with you~ words, experience, prayer, song, story, laughter... legacy, that I desire to place into your hands for you to live and give to the future generations.


But one saving name is the Sum of all I long to say.  I hold your beautiful face, and whisper the name that is all that I am and all that I have, "Jesus."


Live in Peace! 

Day 20 & 21- O I Need Thee 
Day 22- I Know Day 
Day 23- Tangible God
Day 26- Let It Sink In 
Day 27 & 28- Husbands  
Day 29- 248 Nights Without Sleep
Day 30- My Grandfather's Prayers

1 comment:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

what a beautiful way to end your series, denise. i have enjoyed your 31 days so much. it has been precious and beautiful and sweet. thank you for sharing your heart with us. xo