To Read on the Journey

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Mama Holly is 51!

I thank my God every time I remember you. Phillipians 1:3
I had this beautiful necklace made for Holly, with a jade rock we found together while beach combing at Moonstone Beach in Cambria last May. For you locals- the necklace was made and designed by Grace DePledge

On this day in Cambria, Holly lead me down to the beach like a mother leading her daughter into a place filled with wonder. We walked along the beach and she uncovered all sorts of mysteries.
Next, we began to comb along the beach looking for treasures. I felt like a child finding each new rock to be more amazing then the one before. As Holly and I combed we would share our finds with each other, delight in the other's rocks, and then Holly would fill my pockets with her most beautiful treasures.
As I think about Holly, I realize that she always takes me by the hand and leads me to places filled with wonder and mystery. She has walked me through God questions, marriage, motherhood, community, and homeschooling. I also see that she is always filling my pockets with treasures. The greatest gift and treasure she has given me is that she is my God-mommy. I am learning how to be a daughter, how to love a mother, and what my relationships with my girls can look like.


I love you Mama Holly!

It is right for me to feel this way about you, since I have you in my heart.
Phillipians 1:7

6 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

So sweet! This necklace is beautiful and she is a lucky woman to know you !

Kristen said...

What a beautiful necklace to match a beautiful relationship between the two of you! Your words are filled with tenderness and love - what a blessing you are to each other!

Earen said...

What a blessing to have a woman like that in your life. They are a God-send for sure. The necklace is beautiful.

Jennifer Partin said...

The necklace is beautiful and it looks great on her. I am glad that God has braced your life with such a special person.

Jennifer said...

What a treasure you have been given.
Lovely necklace. If I received that from a special friend, I would certainly wear it with joy, pride, and gratitude! A perfect gift.

mama holly said...

Thank you Denise, for making me special. You have a gift for making people feel special. You can take the simple and make it the extraordinary. You feel deeply, you remember much and you care greatly. You are a blessing to me!