To Read on the Journey

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Do you Remember the 21st night of September

Michael,  
When I think about our marriage, our life together, one word describes it~ ABUNDANT. 
{Abundant: available in large quantities; plentiful.  Having plenty of something}
John 10:10b says that  "Jesus came to give us life, and life abundant."   
As a girl I hoped that my life would be different.  I dreamed of being loved and wanted.  I hoped I could be. Hoped hard that I would be {tears}.  Hoped that my story wouldn't always be of loss, abandonment, and rejection.  I hoped there would be a BUT GOD to my story.  Hoping that my no-good story which began tragically would turn a page and be a God-glorifying story.
That "But God" was Jesus, Who gave his life for me AND then lavished on me high and wide and long and deep LOVE!  
"But God"wasn't done! God was just getting started.  In addition to ALL He'd given me in Christ, He gave me you, Michael!  You, to share ABUNDANT Life in Christ with.  You to experience large quantities of JOY, GRACE, EXPANDING FAITH, FREEDOM, FUTURE, and LOVE with. 
What a gift these past 15 years have been!   Being your wife is next to Jesus the BEST GIFT EVER! 
Now, in the words of Ren McCormic {Footloose}
"LEEEETTT'S  DAAAANNCCEE!!!"

Do you remember the
21st night of September
Love was changing the minds
of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

My thoughts are with you
Holding hands with your heart to see you
Only blue talk and love,
Remember how we knew love was here to stay
Happy 15th Anniversary!

9 comments:

Linda Z said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to meet your Michael someday... this precious gift of yours. :) Happy Anniversary, friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Fifteen years-- we're 3 1/2 years behind you. It's so good to be married to your friend, isn't it? <3

Kathleen said...

Happy anniversary, Denise!

{cuppakim} said...

no way denise.
happy anniversary.
love the BUT GOD in your life.
amazing.

i hope it is more than you dreamed - God gives us so much more in his time, and his plan. so AMEN!

i can't believe you have the 21st night of september as your anniversary! :) that was my roommates and my "song" in college (i even face booked about it today!) - bahhh dee yah! one of them was even supposed to get married on the 22nd (we were gonna DANCE to that song....so fun) - anyway...she passed away before her wedding....long story there - but totally awesome memories go along with that song for me.

and for you.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it :)

Paige said...

Yeah! I am a day late but yeah anyway! So sweet. Happy Anniversary! God is good.

:)
paige

Kristen said...

oh man i forgot to wish you a happy anniversary when i left you your message. ugh!

happy belated anniversary my friend. i know you will be blessed with many more years filled with love, laughter, and silliness :o)

Lisa said...

Very precious! Happy Anniversary!

Jessica Johnson said...

you look EXACTLY the same. well minus the veil. happy anniversary you, crazy, fun amazing girl! can't wait to see SOON!!!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

wait, why am i crying?
you are beautiful. inside and out. y'all are killing me with your cute wedding photos, too! happy anniversary.

i will see you soon. I WILL SEE YOU S O O N!

xo