To Read on the Journey

Sunday, December 12, 2010

In Joy!

 "Let a joy keep you. 
Reach out your hands and take it when it runs by."
Carl Sandburg

Last week a friend called, she was in search of someone to  "do something crazy" with her. 
 She knew I would.  It thrills me to know that my friend sees me as one to "do crazy"{22}

My friend invited me to be part of a FLASH MOB! 
{A flash mob is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place,
perform an unusual act for a brief time, then disperse}.

Joy is stepping out of the ordinary and into the extraordinary! 

It's joining together with a mob of people you don't know from Adam, learning a dance routine to the best of your ability in 1.5 hours, traveling 45 minutes to a destination, waiting for the music, watching "cluelessly" from the sidelines, then stepping in on "the mashed potato." {23



"We're fools whether we dance or not, 
so we might as well dance!"
Japanese Proverb

We flash mobbed 2x. This next video is a side view {the handsome videographer, michael, gets some footage of his girls flashmobbing).





 "enjoy life, this is not a dress rehearsal"
Author Unknown


In Joy,






This post is part of
"100 Joys" with  Sarah Markley 

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Not gonna lie, I sat here at my computer with a huge grin as I watched this. Truly delightful

Simply Sara said...

i should have known yesterday that it was you who'd be flash mobbin'.

i love that you are crazy.
:)

Unknown said...

I had to jump in and say you are awesome.
Then I will watch these,
and no doubt carry your joy with me for the rest of the day.

( and yes, five kids. 12-21, oldest is a boy, four girls .
I hardly believe it myself ;) )

Unknown said...

and I birthed and nursed them all... fyi , not that it matters, but I do need to remind myself when I'm wrestling with my second stomach and less than perky bits :) )

Lynn said...

You are joy personified! Love this!

Kristen said...

lynn you said it... she is JOY personified.

i love it... i am proud of you for going and not letting your back stop you from enjoying life.

one of the things i love most about you is your "craziness" or willingness to try anything. you are so brave and SOO much fun!

Vessel said...

I love that you are spontaneous. It makes my spontaneity look mild. hehe. Thanks Denise for letting me know about the "handbag". I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sarah Markley said...

my dying wish is to be a part of a flash mob. seriously.

{cuppakim} said...

amazing. seriously. you are the funnest person EVER!