To Read on the Journey

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nobody's Got it All Together

The Middle
Jill Phillips~Nobody's Got it All Together
 
If I was old I might have it together
Or if I was young that would be my excuse
But either extreme seems so easy to be
And I’m somewhere in the middle

Too young to act like there’s wisdom inside of my head
And too old not care if it's there
The pendulum swings to each end well defined
And I’m somewhere in the middle

So tell me when will I know where I fit into the scheme of things
Cause right now I’m not even sure if I belong
The cracks are wide and it seems like I keep on falling in between
Please tell me I’m wrong
Please tell me that I’m wrong

It's too late to back out of this race that we started
but it seems the finish is light years ahead
So all I can ask is that you walk next to me
Here somewhere in the middle


5 comments:

Thea Nelson said...

True words. Oh, Denise, you hold such a warm place in my heart!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Love this Denise. Thanks for sharing. I'm somewhere in the middle too! :)

Linda Z said...

Oh how I can relate.

grey rose (they/them) said...

walking with you friend.
and? HE walks with us.

love you so.

Kristen said...

amen!

i definitely needed these words. especially when i play the compare game. great reminder.

love you friend.