To Read on the Journey

Friday, April 6, 2012

"but God."


these two words have become my life line.
what {Who} i cling to, 
and fix my eyes on 
in
every.
single.
circumstance...

"but God."

i once was lost..."but God."

when sorrows like sea billows roll..."but God"

prone to wander... "but God."

when i'm  found in the desert place, though i walk through the wilderness..."but God."

no power of hell, no scheme of man can ever pluck me from his hand..."but God."

i wandered so aimless life filled with sin..."but God."

when satan tempts me to despair, and tells me of the guilt within..."but God."

tho' none go with me, i still will follow... "but God."

this is my story, this is my song..."but God."


and today, on this for-my-good-friday,  i remember the "but God" that paved the way for all the others.

i remember that 

"it's friday

"but God"

Sunday's a comin!"


7 comments:

Mrs. Frogster said...

thank you for this simple yet extremely powerful reminder.

Kathleen said...

Amen!! I really needed to read this today.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Beautifully said Denise! Yes... Sunday's a comin'! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Sunday is coming indeed!

Laura said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!!!

Hi, my name is Laura, and I am prone to wander..."

BUT GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a beautiful blessed Easter!!!
And enjoy today, HOLY SATURDAY..the day of HOPE!

Gina said...

Amen, amen, amen! I'm so glad for all the "but God" instances in my life.

Have a blessed resurrection day!

Linda Z said...

I was telling a friend of mine about "but God" the other day. I am thankful that He intervenes in so many ways.

I liked the video. :)