To Read on the Journey

Sunday, November 6, 2011

be generous with your life!

this week i'm joining blog friends julie & jeanette and participating in

happy day
there are a million reasons why i shouldn't participate in the HAPPY DAY project.  
i'm not exaggerating, a million 
{okay, maybe i'm exaggerating a little}.
i'm already overwhelmed by my insanely busy-at-this-time life.
i don't have time to be about anyone or anything else.
and that.
right there.
is the reason 
i NEED to join in!

"You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world.
God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill.  
If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? 
I'm putting you on a light stand.  Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, 
on a light stand - shine! 
Keep open house; be generous with your lives. 
By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, 
this generous Father in heaven."
Matthew 14-16
{The Message} 


 i wasn't put here on God's green earth to be about myself.
{no matter how stink'n busy i am}

i am here to bring out the God-colors in the world
{and wow! has He made me colorful! i'm just say'n}

i have to shine!

i need to be generous with my life!

i want to prompt others to be open with our generous God.

here's  how i'm going to do just that this week.
want to spread your God-colorfulness this week too?!?
go here and join in on the fun.

6 comments:

hannah singer said...

hooray!
can't wait to see the masterpiece of glory god gets from this project!!

love you, happy lord's day, sweet friend. xo

Thea Nelson said...

Ooh, this is cool! Like 2 minutes before I read your post, my eyes fell on Philippians 2:15-16 and I couldn't stop reading the words: "You SHINE like stars in the universe when you hold on to the word of life." Shine, girl! I want to do this, too! :-)

{cuppakim} said...

i am really excited about this project.
but then i get really overwhelmed about how intentional i need to be with it.
some day will be easier than others.
calling it a sacrifice seems a bit dramatic, but i do need to make sure and follow through, and get myself out there a bit.
kicking off day 1 later tonight. :)

can't wait to see how you serve Jesus, Denise! :)

chelsea {joy} said...

love this post friend. i too have seen this challenge and thought i'm way too busy to be a part. i'm no more busy than anyone else...i'm not more tired than anyone else. i may enter it a little late, but you've encouraged me to be a part nonetheless :) love you and appreciate you!

Jill said...

I am joining in too! And after a very long hiatus blogging again. This seemed like the perfect way to jump back into the game :)

I have been reading your blog for awhile now and you always bring a smile to my face. I love your sweet spirit and your zest for life!

Jessica Johnson said...

you exaggerate???!! no way! isn't this the greatest thing ever? i'm loving it so much.