To Read on the Journey

Sunday, November 29, 2009

You Let Me Catch My Breath

God, my shepherd!
I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.

True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

Even when the way goes through Death Valley,
I'm not afraid when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherds crook makes me feel secure.

You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of GOD
for the rest of my life.

Psalm 23 The Message

1 comment:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

What a beautiful verse, and one I greatly needed today :-)

Thank you for your sweet comment and encouragement, it has truly blessed me.

And, I love all you advent ideas! We are trying to start new traditions this year, so I love all the neat ideas to teach our kids, and know we will learn something along the way as well!

Blessings,
Lindsey