To Read on the Journey

Saturday, November 22, 2008

lunge and lick

my mom and sister came for an overnight visit this weekend.

when they come, goodies always come with them!

when the kids were younger i complained as they brought in bags of foods i would never allow in the house. i had healthy diets to develop. now that the kids are older, and know they must eat daily from the major food groups, i don't worry. nope, now i wait with the kids, for- cookies, cake, gummy/chocolaty snacks, candy, ice cream, or what ever goodies they might bring. because even i get tired of the usual raisins and peanuts (this is our typical snack. self-control people, self-control).

look at what my mom brought this time!
and this people is the only way i can justify eating all that ben & jerry's!



3 comments:

lindsey said...

1. i think it should be renamed the lunge and plunge
2. how much alcohol is in that ice cream?! you were awfully wobbly!

Shirin said...

I like what Lindsey said! ha ha! Joe said you were cheating. I think it would have been marvelous with cherry chocolate chip! Heck, for CCC I'd join you!

Linda Z said...

That is so not going to work... I know because I have tried it myself! :) But it was very funny to watch you trying it.