To Read on the Journey

Sunday, August 26, 2012

All For Myself

My prayer today for my family, 
for my children's children 
(because it's never to early to begin covering the future generations), 
and for all the generations that will follow~
till Christ returns 
and takes us home.  

From
 II Corinthians 6 16 b-18
The Message

...Each of us is a temple in whom God lives.  
God himself put it this way: 

"I'll live in them, move into them;
I'll be their God and they'll be my people.
So leave the corruption and compromise;
leave it for good, " says God.
"Don't link up with those who will pollute you.  
I WANT YOU ALL FOR MYSELF.
I'll be a Father to you;
you'll be sons and daughters to me."
The Word of the Master, God.


 Do you pray for your future generations?

 

4 comments:

Heather said...

That is a great question...I pray for them but not often enough~ thanks for the reminder ~Love Heather

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Oh so beautiful! And the photo is amazing and gorgeous!!

Ginger said...

Powerful words...and an important reminder!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Wow - this is a great post! It's almost 8 in the a.m., and I've just finished my prayer time. I love this passage as a prayer, and seeing it in that version makes it so impactful! Thanks!

s