To Read on the Journey

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Fonder

Josie and I were in DC last week. When we returned Wednesday evening, and were walking from our plane to the terminal gate where I could see Michael in the distance I felt giddy.  I hadn't expected that. It turns out that "absence really does make the heart grow fonder."  As we got nearer he smiled at me.  I'd forgotten how dang good looking he is.  And I'd forgotten long before we even took our trip.  Like many married couples we can easily get caught up in everything else, when what we ought to be caught up in is each other.  I looked at him, waiting for me at the gate, and was caught up. As he smiled I thought that's MY husband!  I've got it good. So good.  What followed next was like one of those ridiculously sappy scenes from a romantic comedy- I couldn't help myself, and planted a big one on him and held him tight right there in front of God, our girls, and everyone else in Fresno Yosemite International Airport.  

I've been home a few days now and really want to be deliberate about remaining caught up in my husband before I get caught up in everything else. He We certainly deserves that. 

Also, it's his birthday today.  
41.
 41 looks so good on him.

Happy birthday to you, Michael!

I'm so glad God thought you up. And I really do believe that when He did, He was thinking of me, thinking of how He could tangibly lavish His incredible love on me. 
I hit the jackpot when God gave me you. 


               We all did.

1 comment:

Simply Sara said...

Sweet! I am picturing that romantic comedy airport scene. May you stay caught up with one another! xoxo