To Read on the Journey

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July


4th of July was spent watching fireworks on Bass Lake with good friends.
4th o' july
  l-r; Michael, Spinner, Eric
The flag which inspired Fracis Scott Keyes "Star Spangled Banner"
Michelle, Me, Ginger 
Fireworks on Bass Lake  
Emilie, Noah, Olivia, Emma and Josie
emma's socks collage
We are thankful for our many freedoms.
oh no you  dii'nt collage
Especially Spinner, who exercised his freedom to wear his hair however
he wa-unts (South Carolinin accent).



How did you celebrate Independence Day?

4 comments:

Thea Nelson said...

I had to laugh when I read how Spinner says "wa-unts." Because my first year teaching here, I had one of my students read a list of words and "WANT" was one of them, but he kept saying "WON'T" and when I marked it off, he insisted he'd read it right. As in "I won't a new bike for my birthday." Ah, the south!

Corinne Cunningham said...

You all are so festive! Love it!! :)

Tasha said...

Looked like a great 4th of July. I just love this holiday. It is all about family, friends, and appreciated the place we live in. So great

Spinner said...

It's really sad when I see how many people can't speak good English.

Maybe I'll start an online blog about how to pronounce common words, such as want, wheelbarrow, and corner.