To Read on the Journey

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Stitch Fix #1

Hi all!

Today I'm sharing something fun that you may or may not have heard of Stitch Fix. 
Stitch Fix is a styling service that sends you 5 pieces of clothing, which are picked out especially for you by your own personal stylist!

To get started all you do is complete your style profile and schedule a fix. The cost is $20. $20 covers your styling fee AND covers ALL shipping fees! 

Personally, I don't love shopping for myself.  I tend to be a hunter- I want to get in, find what I'm looking for, and get out!  I think that's why Stitch Fix appealed to me. 

I hinted to my husband that getting "a fix" would be a great Christmas gift.  He took the hint and gifted me with a certificate!

Because my summer wardrobe is lacking I held onto my certificate until spring.

Here are the pieces that were in my first fix~ 
This creamy top, jeans, and a necklace (you can opt to get a piece of jewelry instead of an article of clothing).

The detail in this top were sweet.

If you know me, than you know I wear simple jewelry. This piece was a bit too wild for me... but that is the fun part of Stitch Fix, your personal stylist can help you branch out. 

I also received this color-block top.  It was cute, but a bit too broad for my taste. 

This shirt was probably my favorite, BUT everyone in my family nixed it because of the keyholes in the front and the back.
These jeans are the same ones pictured in the other pix.  I didn't care for the stripe down the backside or the length; HOWEVER, I could not believe how well they fit! I saw jeans in the box, and immediately thought "ugh, why bother, they're not going to fit," (trying on jeans is often more painful than labor & delivery ;) but the fit was perfect! 
My stylist also included examples of how to style the pieces sent with other items
...I wish I could send her everything in my closet, and have her send me an entire booklet of outfit ideas!
With Stitch Fix, If you keep something from your fix, the $20 styling fee goes directly toward your purchase. Additionally, If you keep everything in your box you receive $25% off the entire purchase. One more thing, as a bonus, if you refer a friend who orders a fix you receive a $25 credit. How fun is that!?

I was really impressed with how well my stylist did choosing pieces for me the first time around; however,  I chose not to keep any of the items in this Fix (I think I'm going to regret sending back the keyhole top).  I simply returned everything in the easy peasy return shipping bag (remember ALL shipping fees are included in the $20 fee), then went online to give my reasons why, AND to schedule my next fix! I can't wait to see what my stylist sends me next time around!

To learn more about Stitch Fix, pop over here for details. 

If you choose to get your own fix, tell them I referred you by using the following referral link. 
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3328539

If any husbands are reading this go now and get your wife a gift certificate for her own Fix! She'll think you're more fantastic than she already does! 
(My certificate won't cover my entire Fix, but it sure put a nice dent in it).  

Lastly, if you're like me, you're probably wondering how much each piece cost. With Stitch Fix you can determine your budget.  I'm CHEAP, and requested my pieces be at the lowest price point. Honestly, this was still a bit steep for me, BUT I also know I'd be willing to pay a little more for something if it's well made and will be in my wardrobe for years to come.

Tops- $48
Necklace- $38
Jeans- $88
(Remember, had I chosen to keep everything in the box I would have received 25% off the entire order).


 
 Live in Peace,


Special thanks to my cutie pie photographer, Josie, watch out  Michael, she's gonna give you a run for your money! ;)

Linking up with my S.I.L., Lindsey, at The Pleated Poppy, for WIWW

pleated poppy

7 comments:

Simply Sara said...

you are too cute!
i checked and stitch-fix doesn't like canada :(
too bad because i would rather give birth too than go jean shopping.

xo

Stacey said...

I love all the items they sent you! And I have heard their jeans are the best!

You look great!

-stacey

ga said...

don't send back the keyhole top!!!!!!!!!!

Linda Z said...

I love the keyhole top outfit, too!! All of the items are very cute on you!

I also love the length of your hair! So pretty!

And I think that you, Sara, and I should not go jeans shopping together. :)

Melanie said...

This is amazing.

I want to pinch your buns.

Kelli said...

I love everything you got! What a wonderful photographer you have.

Linda Z said...

Haha! I just reread my comment and it sounded really awkward! I didn't mean it to sound like I don't want to hang out with you and Sara... I meant that we could find way more wonderful things to do than to go jeans shopping which seems to be an unfavorite for all of us!! It would be so much better to talk and laugh while eating chocolate. :) Hehe!